Bring Nature Inside




If you are checking out my blog posts you know that awhile back I wrote a review of the Naturalist's Notebook which promoted becoming a more attentive observer and deepening your appreciation for the natural world.

Well, I am all for that. And, thinking along these lines, occasionally, I do a little creative journal, and gift wrap and card making too.

I really love to create handwritten gift wrap and cards with natural color paper.

A few years back we did this and affixed leaves and dog paw prints, attaching pine trimmings to the front with twine. But, it can be a simple as incorporating your favorite whimsical words to a natural colored bag.

You see, as a child, I loved paper dolls so thinking in terms of indoors winter projects. Being someone who is drawn to artistic projects and nature, I often include natural things. And, I dress up silhouettes of flowers, trees ( like the shape above), plants, birds and leaf shapes by painting, coloring, stamping, pasting and adding words that describe the wildlife viewed or trees seen - is fun.

 Sometimes just altering an image you took, to create the front of your Christmas card, will work as a creative outlet and bring nature inside.

                                             HAPPY HOLIDAY'S
                                           ENJOY  &   EXPLORE