The Brass Bowl and Books


In keeping with my current interest in collecting vintage books, this week, I searched through book shelves, at Book ReViews Blaze of Lights sale. 

I was excited to find The Brass Bowl by Louis Joseph Vance, with illustrations by Orson Lowell. 

As usual, I read the first chapter before purchasing this attractive copy bound in olive green cloth with a pictorial paste down- illustration of a lady from the Edwardian era.

Published by The Bobbs-Merrill Company, Indianapolis, 1907. 










The store boasts over 400,000 used books covering all topics.




Meandering to the back of the store, I discovered a variety of children's Christmas books, nicely displayed. 


The  Book ReViews store is overwhelmed with books so they currently have a 25% off sale. Local authors excluded.