January 2018 Loft Reads and More





January has been a cold month and we're looking forward to warmer weather. 

This month, I did something different.  I selected books to read because at first glance I liked their covers. This seldom happens as normally my selections are based on the description alone. 


Since we celebrated an Anniversary this month, I was happy to review  
The Knot Yours Truly Inspiration and Ideas to Personalize Your Wedding.






And I think I was drawn to the book as I thought the dog on the cover looks similar to our Monroe.There are gorgeous photos throughout which provide everyone with a glance inside some real weddings which incorporate eclectic, classic, rustic or glam decor.The book helps one figure out style details with blueprints for things like color, flowers, menus, signage and venues that assist in complementing the wedding theme. I enjoyed the craft section that provides DIY projects and personalized items too. 










The Cozies the Legend of Operation Moonlight



I was drawn to this cover too. If you are going to read this book, it may help to enjoy the scientific field of Figmentology. This book is a well written family read that allows all to travel along on the journey where imagination and creativity combine.



































As you can see in the photo above we plant tomatoes in the spring. And, even though I have been gardening for many years, I really enjoyed reading Beginner's Garden: A Practical Guide to Growing Vegetables & Fruit without Getting Your Hands Too Dirty. 


Throughout the read, beautiful photos and tasty recipes lure one to want to begin gardening as soon as possible. 









This month I received word that I was selected to receive an Early Reviewers copy of Business Divas That Care. I'm looking forward to it arriving.