July 2018 Loft Reads and Historic Places




In July, I attended a 10-year-olds birthday party, took a short vacation, toured 6 charming bookshops, purchasing the books above, and went to 3 places listed on the United States National Register of Historic Places.



The Limberlost State Historic Site  home of Author Gene Stratton Porter



,

 The Ceylon Covered Bridge.






 The Fort Recovery State Memorial and reconstructed stockade and blockhouses.




This was the location of the greatest defeat of the U.S. Army in America's history.





Nestled down a footpath we found Indian Island and the Weir Rapids, and we embraced the serenity as we had this beach all to ourselves that beautiful day.







My bookish friends kept me very busy throughout the month. My blogs most viewed book review this month was Armed Men and Armadillos by John Earl Sharp

.




I posted two Author Spotlights one with Mark Rounds who wrote Commonality Games,  and the other with Jonathan Tindale who wrote Daddy Day Care. 






















Currently, I have over 50 books on my to-read list that  I've received from authors. I've received requests from a few publishers to review speculative fiction programs, for them, on their sites but have declined as I feel that would limit my ability to work my 'to-reads' the way I wish to. Goodreads shows I'm 9 books ahead of my reader's challenge- if you like you can join me there.



Here are my July reads, The reviews can be found by searching the title or author


Armed Men and Armadillos, John Earl Sharp


Supernatural Slayer Devyn Jayse


3 Hour Dad: Reading Is Believing Adam T Hourlution


Kicking Grass Taking Games Maddi Davidson


Longfellow's WAYSIDE INN, A Camera Impression by Samuel Chamberlain


Sleep, Merel, SleepSilke Stein, Sleep Merel Sleep


Alignment of Thought, Mihai Brinas


Poe Graphic NovelBoom Studios, Dean Kotz, J. Barton Mitchell, Jeffrey spokes, Poe


Invitation to Poetry, Mihai Brinas


Il nero e l'argento, Like Family, Paolo Giordano


The Night DragonNaomi Howarth, The Night Dragon


 Ernest Hemingway: Artifacts From a Life, Michael Katakis


Unshattered: Overcoming Tragedy and Choosing a Beautiful Life Carol Decker, Stacey L. Nash, 


MY MOSTLY HAPPY LIFE - AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A CLIMBING TREE, Shelly Reuben


Fish Eyes for Pearls, Masha Lee Savitz


Purgatorium J.H. Carnathan, Purgatorium


The Little Star Fisher Marta Magnetti Codrai, Rachel Morgan




I have a busy week ahead with work so am posting my July wrap up early. I've just started reading Fylgia by  Birgitta Hjalmarson.