This blog id dedicated to books. I do receive requests to review advanced reading copies (ARC's) and other works. I list these details in the FTC section. My reviews are made available to publishers, viewers and also libraries who use reviews to expand their collections. I truly believe reading expands awareness and am actively involved in on-line books clubs and groups. Below is a sampling of our books, topics and games.
What is the Book Club Reading?
Book Club Reads December 2017 are
1. Off the Shelf Covers: Where stripes is on the cover Rosie the Tarantula
2. Elizabeth Berg (Author Read )
2. The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane
Book Club Reads for November 2017 are
1. Off The Shelf Read where 'Family Relation' is mentioned in the title. A Tale of Two Mommies
2. Tobias Wolff ( Author Read)
3. House Without Windows by Nadia Hashimi
Book Club Reads for October 2017 are
1. Off the Shelf Covers: Black/Dark Classic Ghost Stories, Miles Kelly.
2. Karin Slaughter (Author Read)
3. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes ( Voted Club Member's Choice )
Book Club Reads for September 2017 are
1. A book where author's first name is initials.Driftwood by Dr. A.L. Bixby
2. Tracy Chevalier (Author Read)
3. Witches of New York by Ami McKay ( Voted Club Member's Choice )
Book Club Reads for August of 2017 are
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather (Author Read)
- A Secret Garden by Katie Fforde ( Summertime Read)
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters ( Voted Club Member's Choice)
Short Story Book Club Reads for August of 2017 are
- Lost Face by Jack London
- Love is a Fallacy by Max Shulman
( both are rereads for me... I like London's grammar and Shulman's wittiness)
Book Club reads for July of 2017 are
Book Club Topics of discussion in groups.
- Illustration Styles
- Lyrical First Pages
- Where are you and what are you presently doing
- War Reads
- Little House on the Prairie Series
Book Club The interesting question presented was
"How do you balance writing and reading?"
"What are you reading and reviewing?"
"What obsolete title would you love to stumble upon?"
"When are you Now?"
"When are you Now?"
1. 2 words to create a story
2. Song Titles
3. Drop one add one