Mazza Museum Visit


One of my fondest childhood memories is going to the library with my mom and siblings because I could not get enough of pretty books ( I'm still that way),  which is just one of the reasons that I have spent more than a fair amount of time meandering the halls at the Mazza Museum



I  have always appreciated this sign that states, "Celebrating the Art of Picture Books". My belief is that children's picture books are the most important literary format available. The content of a picture book can be fully explained with pictures and no text at all.



Once you get beyond these doors, you will find a large variety of talented artist works on display. 

This museum includes many Caldecott Medal, Golden Kite Award, Kate Greenaway Medal, Newbery Medal, and the Mazza Medallion, recipients. The displays encourage children’s literature, picture book illustrations, and language arts.  


I had no idea how lovely the museum was until I first toured it.  Now, I'm obsessed. This is an outstanding museum. Just OUTSTANDING. At a certain point, I become emotionally bummed about exiting these doors. 








The Mazza Museum is well worth a visit. The art is rotated quarterly, and the Catherine Freed Galleria is changed more frequently. 

The only real problem I have with visiting this museum is I never want to leave.  



Museum Hours of Operation

Sunday, 1 – 4 p.m.
Wed. – Fri., Noon – 5 p.m.
• Children under 12 admitted with adult supervision