DOCTOR WHO: THE DALEK PROJECT GRAPHIC NOVEL


DOCTOR WHO: THE DALEK PROJECT GRAPHIC NOVEL 

by Justin Richards , Mike Collins 

Series: Doctor Who (BBC) (Book 75)

Hardcover: 128 pages

Publisher: BBC Books (September 24, 2011)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 1846077559

ISBN-13: 978-1846077555

FTC Purchased at Book Store







My Thoughts

Awhile back, I purchased a hardback copy of DOCTOR WHO: THE DALEK PROJECT GRAPHIC NOVEL. And, thought I would write a little about Graphic novels. They use images and text to tell a story. I haven't written about them often. But, I do enjoy them.

Graphic Novels pull in an audience that otherwise might not read a selection of work.  And, I truly mean PULL. I see people return to reread and look at the same page multiple times. I do this myself.

They are entertaining to me and well as informative. They usually are a quick read and have a lot of action features in them. 

I love to look for clever and quirky things in graphic novel images.  Things, like, a map that shows us reader's where a secret door might appear, or a  skull holding up a torchlight so the whole room is illuminated, and we can see everything in it.

Doctor Who is at a French archaeological dig and finds Daleks amid other historic treasures. He is soon faced with mortal enemies. After he disposes of them,  he time travels. And, this time he and his companion head back to the Great War, time period 1917. He is there to explore and figure out more about the Daleks. 

The Daleks reappear during World War One outside of an English home,  Hellcombe Hall. It is a base camp filled with tables of Bronze.

Justin Richards and Mike Collins have created this cool graphic novel.  The images are clever, well detailed and compelling. The bubble text placement works well. I enjoy history and appreciate that there is some non-fiction contained in this read.

 This novel is full of action and uses Dr. Who's self-deprecating humor. The Dalek Project is definitely one for the fans of Dr. Who, a.k.a. Whovians.