Home Life Around the World




  • Home Life Around the World
    by Anita Martinez Beijer
  • Print Length: 200 pages
  • Publisher: Nest Publishing 
  • Publication Date: May 15, 2018
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • FTC: Reviewed  ARC for Anita Martinez Beijer, Nest Publishing, and NetGalley


Description

Home Life Around the World is about the relationship we have with that most private and intimate space – our home. 

Step into personal homes of architects, designers, photographers and other creatives. Food and art lovers. People passionate about the environment. All with their own stories and destinies. The homes are located in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Cape Town, Buenos Aires, Uruguay, Mexico City and New York.

Richly illustrated with inspiring and honest photos of the home environment of these individuals, whose personality colour every image of the book. With personal and interesting texts based on interviews with the homeowners, who generously shared insightful thoughts and reflections about themselves and their homes, as well as their philosophy of life and their personal life stories.




 May contain spoilers




My Thoughts

In this read, we get a look into the homes of creatives. 

When I think of home I think of a daily retreat one can escape to. I found details I like in many of the images contained in this book an enjoyed reading as the people reflect about themselves and their homes and the reasons behind some of their designs. 

I would have enjoyed it more if there were more photographs were included. But below are a few of them I liked and the reasons.

An odd mix of furniture and art generally attract my attention. I typically like a mix of metal or iron with wood and exposed brick. So, with that said a few of the images that stood out in this book to me are listed below. 

The section on Industrial Living in Shanghai. It has a full wall of brick and an awesome wooden table displayed in the room. I felt this page would have worked well on the cover denoting the coffee-table type book of interiors. I was also impressed with the chest in their living room. When looking through the images of this home it is not difficult to tell the owner is also a furniture designer and maker.

In the Mexico City home, it was the bold colors that attracted my eye.

I enjoy touring the Collector's Paradise from Manhattan. It has an extraordinary collection of art that looks to be from different time periods. And as someone who spends much of my free time reading,  my favorite image was that of a wooden chest full of books.

This was an enjoyable read and I feel this book will inspire many to create their own haven.