The Frightful Verses



The Frightful Verses 
 Francisco A. Ojeda 
Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: XLIBRIS (June 15, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1543430473
ISBN-13: 978-1543430479
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.3 x 9 inches


Description

A collection of one hundred poems meant to entice the curious and frighten them in many different ways. From the classical and gothic to modern and contemporary, these poems address different subjects seen from the poet's unique perspective. Aspects of horror, terror, science, religion, politics, philosophy, and even humor fill these pages.





My Thoughts

Having spent much of my life reading, I often spend time studying books of poetry. When I read, I find value in writing that strives to make a difference or characters that help to explain sorrows.  Of course, I also read those that makes mayhem seem normal and everything else seem like a huge relief. 

I guess you could say I like writing which makes my emotions surge.

Currently, I've been reading a creative mix of Frightful Verses. And like the image on the cover,  many of these poems, such as; 'Coldest Time Of The Day',  'The Hanging Gardens', and 'Many Jars of Him', are harrowing. 

Yes, this collection will likely cause you to hesitate because you believe something unpleasant may, or has, happened. 

I received this collection of verses through the generosity of the author for an honest review.