Befriended



Befriended
Copyright Ruth O'Neill (Standard Copyright License)
Edition First Edition
Publisher Lulu Publishing
Published February 5, 2018
Language English
Pages310
Binding Perfect-bound 
Paperback Interior 
Ink Black & white
ISBN 9780244666552


Synopsis


Gemma Peacock’s life was perfect – or at least, she thought it was. She had a home she loved, a job she enjoyed, and a husband she adored. The only cloud on the horizon was the continuing tension between Gemma and her mother-in-law, but that’s the same for everyone, right?
After the death of her beloved husband, Ritchie, everything begins to fall apart.

Indiana Manors’ life, on the other hand, is far from perfect – but she knows just what she has to do to fix it. Befriend Gemma Peacock, and destroy her.

My Thoughts 

Befriended begins at a Gemma Peacock’s husband, Ritchie's, funeral. 

After the funeral, I was surprised how easily Gemma strayed from her friend Maria to spending much of her time with Indiana Manors, whom she knew very little about. 

This was a quick read and I really enjoyed the way the plot traveled. We started off in the present tense and then slowly moved back and forth so readers got a good sense of the characters past to combine with the present day. 

It was one of those reads where I did not care for many of the characters individual personalities but felt much empathy for a few, and all characters were well written and drew my curiosity. 

I wasn't quite prepared for the volume of scheming and manipulation involved. And it wasn't just one or two people being manipulated but it seemed there was someone falling prey to manipulation at every turn.

My questioning, what is going to happen next, definitely kept me turning the pages, making it a read I could not put down.

I received this contemporary thriller from the author for an honest review.