NeverMore Used Books





























When it comes to reciting, one of my favorites memories was hearing the poem  " The Raven" read on television by Vincent Price. So, I was tickled to find online the store NeverMore Used Books that appreciates,  Poe's "The Raven",  as much as I do.  While on vacation, I decided a jaunt in the direction of Nevermore Used Books was doable. 

Over the years, I have journeyed in the direction of Toledo Metroparks with my dogs. However, on this day, the journey itself was not as easy as I'd assumed, as the state of Ohio is riddled with road construction.  Lucky for me, I paused to sit and relax along the banks of the Maumee River. It was here I read pausing only to watch a bald eagle soar overhead. It was indeed an enjoyable respite on a glorious day. 

























I returned to my vehicle and eventually arrived at the bookstore. I parked out back, exited my vehicle, and walked toward the long brick building. Suffice it to say, the sign ( at top of the page) was posted, alerting me I was in the right place. As soon as I walked through the doors, I smiled. Yes! I spotted the Raven who quoth NEVERMORE.



This store is a treasure trove of used books in an informal atmosphere where carts of bargains books marked 50 cents litter the hall. I selected three books here.

The clerk kindly left her workstation and led me past this library table adorned with vintage suitcase and hat to the section I'd requested on antique books. 


This haven was definitely worth my browsing time. This room has a small but impressive collection of well-priced books which makes it a perfect spot for any bookworm.




Here, I ignored the musty smell of second-hand books, that I am so used to, and continued on my quest to search through every nook and cranny for titles that excite me. I was overjoyed to locate an 1876 copy of Helen's Babies by Loring Publisher. The selected works of Ivan Turgenev, and a very loved copy of John Dietrich and Other Tales of Germany.  






Spending a fair amount of time exploring used books store, I quickly explored the three rooms. Returning to the first room I'd entered with green chairs. I walked down the opposite aisle which led to the subject of Poetry. After much debating, I selected off the shelf, a copy of ' The Viking Book of Poetry'  




I felt I would be remiss in not locating something related to Poe while at Nevermore so I located and purchased the graphic novel Poe by Boom Studios.

When all was said and done,  I returned to the checkout station and had a brief conversation with the clerk about how many people nowadays do not recognize the literary genius of Edgar Allan Poe. This store is a  welcomed-visit for those of us who do.






Nevermore Used Books
302 Conant Street
Maumee, OH 43537