Where are the Children?


Title: Where are the Children? 
Author: Mary Higgins Clark
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
FTC Loan from Family



My Thoughts


I'm an avid reader and have read most of Mary Higgins Clark's collection. Her debut suspense novel storyline is very gripping and extremely bold considering the time period it was first written.

Nancy Harmon's two children are murdered. She is accused, and facing death,  but gets released on a technicality. She then changes her identity and flees to Cape Cod. She marries and has two more children. She basically begins to relive the nightmare again. Her children go missing and she is again a suspect. 


My mom and I exchange books by this author. I believe I first read this suspense novel about 30 years ago. The anxiety of missing children, the false imprisonment and the devastation of a suicide all led to an emotionally turbulent read. I picked it up and was devoted to reading through it as quickly as possible.