Kitchen Herbs: The Art and Enjoyment of Growing Herbs and Cooking With Them




ISBN 0553052659 (ISBN13:9780553052657)

It's February and it snowed 5 inches here today. I can't help but tell you, while I believe the snow is beautiful, I miss being able to go outside and work in our garden. 

When I got off work today, I stopped in at our local Salvation Army and came upon this book, Kitchen Herbs. After leafing through it, I can't imagine why anyone would want to part with this book. Even though the book was published back in 1988, the details and recipes are still useful today. And, I expect the section with varieties, tastes, best with, and herb combinations I will frequent.And the recipe for Apricot Rosemary Chicken looks delicious.









Kitchen herbs like this popular Basil, I use to grow in container pots but many years ago I switched to growing them in raised beds. 


When this gets a full leaf, I bag it and keep some in the refrigerator 
and some in the freezer.

I also have dried Basil bagged.












Herbs are FUN! 


Not only do they flavor foods and drinks, you can grow them outside or bring them indoors. 

The lemon balm in my back flower bed is actually pretty invasive.

I bring some indoors and use it when making salads and cooking fish or poultry.













One of my favorite herbs to grow is chives like these from my garden.


I like the onion flavor and the plant itself makes me smile. 

It resembles a clump of grass and produces the most striking purple blooms.