The Writers Bloc Club: Assignments in Prose and Poetry






The Writers Bloc Club: Assignments in Prose and Poetry
     Paperback: 262 pages
     Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 15, 2015)
     Language: English
     ISBN-10: 1515089177
     ISBN-13: 978-1515089179

Description

This anthology contains 62 prose pieces of flash fiction and essays and 52 poems. Some are humorous. Most are from assignments from the Writers Bloc Club. A few are optional pieces. The support and instructional critiques of this club have helped improve my writing. It has also caused me to write on topics I would not have written on otherwise. Although writing is a solo endeavor, it is immensely helpful to have fellow writers to share and critique my work. I thank them for all their input. This is my first anthology. I expect there will be more in the future.


My Review

These poems and prose are of varying aesthetic and rhythmic qualities.  The book starts off with “words mean everything to me”, and ends with quotes from Shakespeare

I wasn’t too far into the book and laughed out loud... loud enough that my husband left the comfort of his chair to see what I was laughing about. I was reading the poem, within this book, titled, “If only I knew then what I know now.”

Reading, “The Treasure Hunt”,  I thought of the posting I’d just placed this morning.
I participated in the LibraryThing Treasure Hunt which ended yesterday. I loved the clues and send out a big thank you to all who provided help in the thread. 

Continuing on, I paused to wipe my eyes as I cried through, “The Jacket”. 

I returned to ”The Treasure Hunt” and read it one more time. Indeed, ‘Twas just the fun, just to be, and share’.


This stimulating book was made available to me through the generosity of the author for an honest review.