The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol by Jeremy Sherr








The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol

Jeremy Sherr

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B0BNTWF6Q3

Publisher ‏ : ‎ Independently published (December 2, 2022)

Language ‏ : ‎ English

Paperback ‏ : ‎ 251 pages

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 979-8366662574

Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 13.1 ounces

Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 6 x 0.63 x 9 inches

Beryl and Carol are twelve-year-old best friends living in England in 1997. They love their river and their beautiful little town. But there is a real threat that they will soon be separated. Worse, they are constantly tormented by bullies, and one day they are cornered with no way out. To evade the bullies, they escape into the nearby Forbidden Forest, where their terrifying, exhilarating, and noble adventure begins.

I received a copy of this book from the author Jeremy Sherr



Review: The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol by Jeremy Sherr


This book is filled with details that intrigue me. I have fond memories of the 1980s and 1990s so the atmospheric prose of this time period works for me and the story delights me with nostalgia and its valuable lessons of enthusiasm for life. 

This book speaks of many things we deal with in youth.  We start with  Beryl and Carol's escapades on their romp through the spectacular natural world. 

The mention of escaping The High-Street Gang bullies and rookies and money-making schemes caught my attention. 

Many open spaces were explored. 

I enjoyed their walk along the river and the listing of flowers and could imagine the scents of the woods and the secret garden.

The names the girls teased each other with amused me as I recalled a time my friends and I formed a secret pact and made up words that only a few of us knew. 

The story is really quite magnificent. It is filled with juxtapositions of Human nature - friendships and separations and makes one think about the beneficial and hazardous paths of life.