The beautiful illustrations pulled me right into the story, but Bentley is the reason I stayed. He is absolutely fantabulous and, honestly, I couldn’t resist turning the pages to see what he was up to next.
This book is more than just a story. It is filled with activities that encourage children to get involved rather than simply turn the pages. There are things to find, discover, create, and explore, including the fun “Find the Predator” activity. Betty and Bee are also along for the fun, helping with the projects and making the experience feel a little more like an adventure than a book.
And then there’s Bentley. I love dogs and Bentley completely stole my attention. There is just something about him that makes you want to follow along and see where the story takes you next. The combination of colorful illustrations, an engaging story, and hands-on activities makes this a book children can enjoy in more ways than one.
You can learn more about Miki Taylor here.
Illustrator Eunhye Shin
