TRANSLATE

Lo Wainwright: The Last Homo Superior Justin Bullock



I read this books description and did something I seldom do. I sent the copy to the reader as I wanted to hear it in language that sounded more mechanical than my own. (Yes, I often do read aloud - my dogs do not seem to mind.)

This science fiction story about the human experience is thought-provoking. I appreciate the lead into the meeting with Lo Wainwright at Yellow Lake. The plot, characters, and atmosphere throughout the story are captivating.

My reader stumbled over some words like Pacific, finished, assembled, and intelligent. And every time it got to the word the - my reader read it as T.H.E. But, I continued on as the reader seemed appropriate for the text- which deals with an underwater colony and GRIMS programming.

The characters throughout the story were most interesting and include a dog and three octopuses as they communicate more freely.

There were discussions about the use of nanobots, genetics, simulation, shape- shifting and telepathy.

The treatments conducted were said to be adjusted to benefit humanity. The test begins. There are treatments, observations, and additional studies.

We recognize cognition is limited in capacity and scope. My take away is- we humans must show humanity as it is necessary for coexisting.


I received a copy of this book from Dr. Justin Bullock


About the Author

Dr. Justin Bullock is a Distinguished Scholar at the Evans School of Governance at the University of Washington. Dr. Bullock is a world-renowned scholar of Governance, public administration, decision-making, artificial intelligence, and technology’s impact on society. He found inspiration from early speculative and science fiction before writing his first science fiction book, Lo Wainwright: The Last Homo Superior. Dr. Bullock is currently writing Book 2 of The Wainwright Trilogy "GRIM: The First Intelligent Machine." Dr. Bullock is also the lead editor for The Oxford Handbook of AI Governance His stories, blogs, and academic work explore the intersections of biological life, technology, hybrids, intelligence, and philosophy.

LET'S TALK BOOKS

lorisbookloft@gmail.com