TRANSLATE

Nine Clues Down, Three to Go



I’d really gotten behind in updating my LibraryThing account. I joined back in 2017, and when I say behind, I mean really behind. 

If you’re not familiar with LibraryThing, it’s an online community and cataloging site for people who love books. You can keep track of the books you own or have read, write reviews, connect with authors, add information and cover images, and discover what other readers are reading. It’s one of those places where you can start looking for one book and, before you know it, find yourself wandering down several very interesting bookish paths.

Recently, I found my way back and started doing a little catching up. I added a few book reviews and noticed there were books whose covers weren’t yet in the LibraryThing collection. So, I added images of some I own. I like knowing that something as simple as adding a book cover can help build the collection for other readers who come along looking for that book.

Then I received a notice that I had earned a cover badge. A little unexpected reward for doing something I was enjoying anyway.

It also reminded me just how much I enjoy the bookish side of LibraryThing. I use to spend a bit of time in the Groups section chatting with others about old and obscure literature. And then there is always another cover to discover, another book to add, another author to look up, or another rabbit hole to wander down. And anyone who loves books knows that a bookish rabbit hole is rarely a bad place to end up.

The timing was especially good because LibraryThing is having another Book Hunt this month. In August, LibraryThing celebrated its 21st birthday, and this year’s birthday hunt has a Maine theme. There are 12 clues to follow. I've found nine.

I did take some time to pick out the perfect pumpkin. And now I’m having a little fun picking out clues, too.

Nine down and three to go. Not quite finished, but that’s part of the fun. There’s still a little time left in September, and who knows what I might find along the way.

A pumpkin, a few books, and a little bookish adventure sounds like a pretty good September to me.


updated 9/24- I now have all 12.

LET'S TALK BOOKS

lorisbookloft@gmail.com