The Remote Leadership Playbook by Désirée Cubadda looks at how leadership is changing and what it takes to build
trust, manage virtual teams, and drive lasting performance in a
hybrid world.
This book is divided into three parts and ten quick, easy-to-follow chapters, each looking at a different aspect of leadership and how the shift to virtual and hybrid work has changed the way leaders need to think and lead.
One of the things I particularly appreciated was the book’s focus on creating a Future-Ready Leadership Model. I also felt the key takeaways at the end of each chapter were well placed, making it easy to pause and reflect on what you’ve just read.
Several things stood out to me, but I’ll share just a couple here because this is one of those books where you really need to explore the ideas for yourself.
1. Recognizing bias
This book acknowledges something we don’t always like to admit: bias can influence our judgment. A good leader recognizes this and takes steps to correct it. I also appreciated that the book breaks down the different types of bias, making it easier to understand how each can affect leadership and decision-making.
2. When perception gets in the way
Another point that stayed with me was the discussion about what happens when people feel misjudged. They may begin changing their behavior simply to manage how others perceive them. And when that happens, they may not be doing their best work.
These are a couple of things worth thinking about not only as a leader, but as someone working within a team.
Overall, this is a great read for anyone interested in where leadership is headed. The book places a strong emphasis on the importance of a coherent leadership system and explains how trust, autonomy, and agility can work together to create one.
There is a lot of practical guidance here for navigating the changing world of work. I
especially liked that the book doesn’t stop with ideas. It offers
playbooks and real-life scenarios that help bring those ideas into the
workplace.
I received a copy of this book from Désirée Cubadda.
