I always enjoy learning more about the convergence of science and spirituality, and I was curious about this read written by former FBI analyst Patrick R. Carberry.
In the beginning, I almost moved away when the protagonist, Peter Morley, was talking about the September 11 attacks; I think fear sometimes does this. When you know that something may become too emotional, you may choose to abandon it. But I read on, and the prose depicting the act of Halo jumping drew me back to the story.
Peter Morley knew self-dependence was essential to survival, so he learned to do many things before starting a career in the military and then later becoming a neutrino physicist at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Morley explains much of his work in the military as a collaborative effort. The communication of hand gestures and signals, and explanations of needing to rest a week in the wilderness, I found to be believable.
His development of a revolutionary technology he calls Traumergy that allows for the exploration of trauma memories I found fascinating.
I love that the book addresses the need for critical thinking and looking at a problem from another perspective. I dove into the section dealing with complexity science and non-linearity, and the explanation of neutrinos passing through our bodies and how they collide with the nucleus of trauma memories.
This scientific thriller pulls in a conspiracy about what both the government and private sector will do when faced with new technology. These actions can be paralleled to accounts throughout the Bible which address the sinful nature of humanity.
This story is thought-provoking, and many readers can interpret it in their own way. I feel much of this story is encouraging spiritual practices to align human energy with divine energy.
I received a copy of this book from Patrick Carberry, who has dedicated his life to service and humanitarian endeavors. Mr. Carberry started his career serving in the US Army 82nd Airborne at 17 years old. Carberry recently retired from the government and had spent the last 16 years working for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) working to help protect America and its allies against threats to its National Security.
