August 2017 Loft Reads and More



This month, we celebrated a birthday on the same day as the solar eclipse. Here's a photo we took with our Canon SL1 with a 300 zoom lens and 2 X doubler with a  filter from my husband's welders mask.

This month we read books and spent our evenings walking with our dogs around the neighborhood park pond. 

I had some interesting reads this month 

                                                                            
I am enchanted by this picture book. I Give You My Heart. The poetic tale is beautiful. The words on the pages are surrounded by captivating images that signify a nurturing assurance 'when you give love you can grow anything' and  'you are never alone'. All the while depicting, being patient and opening one's heart, to the inevitable cycle of life and loss.


If you are interested in a nice - easy, slightly - charming, village romance, then this Katie Fforde novel A Vintage Wedding might just be the book for you.

This continues to be the most popular book on this blog.





I adore MANGA ART INSPIRATION and TECHNIQUES from an EXPERT ILLUSTRATOR It contains 5 sections. Characters, Japan, Science Fiction, Conceptual Art, Style play.

Mark Crilley, addresses drawing Characters from another world and also those down to earth.Telling us, he often thinks up a story to go along with the characters. 

This graphic novel/ biography grants readers access to the history and legacy of  Alexander Hamilton. It takes us on the journey from his childhood in the West Indies, to his death on July 12, 1804. We see a  strong focus on the American Revolution and Continental Congress proceedings and this gives a view of the Founding Father's impact on our society and speaks to historical details such as, "New Money", and the "Law of Primogeniture."

I received Poetry for Kids; Robert Frost, and immensely enjoyed this book which includes 35  poems edited by author and historian Jay Parini and illustrated by Michael Paraskevas. An introduction to the poet's life, a commentary, and definitions of keywords are included.

August feed backs on Net Galley were 10  (mostly ARC's). I did 2 reviews for Blogging for Books. 

It has been a month of  graphic novels, historical fiction,  19 - 21st century poetry,  outdoor and nature works, and colorful children's books. 

At last check, I have 15 countries viewership for my blog pages.

That pretty much rounds up August reads. According to the Book Riot's Challenge, I'm doing good and I am way ahead of schedule in my yearly challenge. Yeah!