Memories of Cherished Books





I have people from many different parts of the world come to my blog and I just want to let you know that I have been struggling with trying to recall the title of a children's book I had when young. 

Odd, when you get to be older, the things you recall from childhood that brought a smile to your face. 

This book had a bold cover with a purple animal and when I rubbed my hand over it felt like velvet. I have been searching online, and through old bookstores, but have yet to find a copy of it.  It is one of those cases where you'll know it when you see it.

This situation made me think about cherished books and the memories we attach to them.

With that stated, it probably is no surprise to you that my favorite Christmas gift books. And since I live in the Midwest and appreciate nature. I have been blessed to receive most of Gene Stratton Porter's works, as gifts. So, that collection is in a bookcase in our dining room. 

Our family had a subscription to Readers Digest Condensed Books which contain several condensed novels. If you are familiar with them, you probably know the series was produced from 1950 - 1997. Today, a collection of these books reside in a small bookcase in our living room ( shown in the photo above).  I love to pull out these books during the Holiday's read selections from them.  Anyway, these bring me joy.  Kind of like the joy that  'currently nameless' children's book brought me.