Tis the Snowflake Season






























It finally feels and smells like winter.

This morning, I woke up to the lovely sounds of cars running and scrapers...scraping. 


Yes, it snowed this week and as you might know, there is a storm system that is dumping snow across the country. I've been listening to them talk about it on TV. It seems we are teetering between a winter snow advisory and a winter storm warning due to lake effect snow. I heard them mention low visibility and whiteouts too. The weatherman did close by telling us to slow down, allow extra time and then he informed us it is a nice warm 24 degrees this morning.
























I am one of those people that enjoy walking in the snow. And, we spent a bit of time doing that yesterday. Our yard has a  blanket of the fluffy white stuff which covers our flower petals.

When it got chilly, I came in, kicked off my boots and lazed about on the sofa listing to some old albums.




And then started looking at our snow globes

I love this globe with the caroling family church scene, It was a gift from my husband a few Christmas's ago. 





We always decorate our house with snowflakes.

They are on the trees and they are also dangling from our archways. 


We see dancing snowflake reflections when we look in our mirrors.








Are your Christmas candies made? We have Chocolate Peanut clusters every year so we'll soon be starting these. Here's the jar we normally store them in.










Last week, I mentioned to you that we traveled to the BooksReview store. 





In addition to searching through stacks of vintage books to find that copy of The Brass Bowl, I spent time looking through their awesome collection of Children's Christmas picture books. Books with snowmen often catch my eye.


















I'm one of those people that watch the same TV specials  ( Frosty, Rudolph. Charlie Brown, Grinch) that were on when I was a kid, and also have a few Christmas books that I just love. So, while, we were out shopping, I 
was elated to find one of my favorite Children's Christmas stories with Jacob Marley.




All the illustrations in this copy of The Christmas Carol are wonderful which makes me feel fortunate that I have the lovely Mazza Museum nearby. 


















If you're in our area, you may want to check out the world's most diverse collection of more than  8,000 original illustrations from children's picture books.


Be safe out there today and enjoy your Holiday season. 




I'm off to hang more snowflakes.