Echoes of Understorey

Echoes of Understorey
A Titan's Forest novel
by Thoraiya Dyer
Macmillan-Tor/Forge
Tor Books
Sci Fi & Fantasy
Pub Date 13 Feb 2018   
EDITION Other Format
ISBN 9780765385956
PRICE $16.99 (USD
FTC Reviewed for Net Galley

Description

In the quest fantasy Echoes of Understorey, part of Thoraiya Dyer's extraordinary Titan's Forest series, trees loom large as skyscrapers, mortals can be reborn as gods, and a young woman finds herself part of an adventure that is destined to become legend….

Great deeds are expected of Imeris.

She has trained endlessly to become an extraordinary fighter. Yet she wants more than to compete against the glories of her divine sister and the charms of her courtesan brother.

Imeris thought she could prove her worth during a mission to kill a body-snatching sorceress, but fails disastrously. With death on her conscience and in hiding from her peers, Imeris is determined to find a way to redeem herself.


My Thoughts

I don't know what it is about me but I have great difficulty reading Sci-Fi Fantasy which is really odd as they are often my favorite movies to watch. 

In general, my tastes in reading material focus on history and nature and really anything I can analyze. So, I was drawn to the cover of this book. What's not to love about a mythical rainforest?  I found this storytelling to be huge in world building and weighing heavily on characters and culture.