Borrowed Water A Book of American Haiku


Borrowed Water 
A Book of American Haiku
Author: Los Altos Writers Roundtable Staff
Format Hardcover
Publication Date 1966-01-01
Language English
Publisher Tuttle Publishing
ISBN-10 0804800707
ISBN-13 9780804800709


My Thoughts

I was thrilled to walk into one of my favorite bookstores for used books and see Borrowed Water A Book of American Haiku, by Los Altos Writers Roundtable Staff, for sale on the poetry shelves. 

Traditionally, Haiku is a poetry of season. 

This collection of over 300 poems chosen from more than 700 submissions is beautifully presented. 

The introduction tells readers a little about the founders and editors who were from Wisconsin and the usage of 3 rhymeless lines. It goes on to explain that the Japanese masters of Hakiu create their best work using observation and meditation.

In addition to the words, I also enjoyed the illustrations, my favorites being the two hummingbirds and the forest fire remnants.