The Promise of Prose




I head back to work today. I had hoped by now that I’d be ready to but I will miss the freedom I've had this past week to explore an author's home, to tour bookstores, and read and catch up on my blogging. 






When I stopped in at the used bookstore yesterday, I was inspired to purchase the handful of used books above to add to my collection.


It's been a beautiful week though and I'm truly happy to have had a July vacation. To set on my front porch and listen to the twittering of songbirds and watch squirrels climbing the skinniest of branches and to go to the beach has been relaxing. 

I've enjoyed blue skies, islands, rapids, rivers, clouds, and even the Limberlost. I've felt the heat of the sun on my face, heard the sounds of fast-flowing water, and viewed the majestic American Bald Eagle as it soared above me. 

I will miss the scenery I've viewed this past week but most of all I will miss the ease with which I could come and go while spending time with family and friends.

I take great comfort in knowing I have many reads awaiting me, where words will replace some of those things I miss. I believe that is what one would call the promise of prose.

Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that the top 10 audience this week is from the United States, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Romania, Poland, Canada, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and Belgium.