Fall Images and Book Reviews



Fall is my favorite season! I love the sights and smells of fall and often associate it with my youth.  A group of us girls would do some leaf peeping while tent camping and we'd spend time together on hayrides and going through corn mazes. My family would occasionally get up early on the weekends and go pick bushels of apples at the orchard. And, fall festivals with steam engines and tractor shows have always been a temptation. 





We are enjoying the cooler weather here in the Midwest which means I'll soon be reading more inside than out. In looking at statistics, I've read over 100 books this year thanks to authors, agents, and publishers who requested a review.

I wanted to mention a little bit about how I go about my process of book reviewing for those that are new to Lori's Book Loft.




I receive multiple book requests every day so if I agree to a book it is placed on a list to read and I pick and choose from there. 

When I’ve selected a book, it is typically a straight read for me with the only distraction being another cup of coffee or tea. 

I do keep notes and highlight key points that speak to me and then when I'm finished I start immediately typing up my review. I do this because I want everything to be fresh. 




Currently, I'm working with some future guest contributors and will be posting another author spotlight soon. 

I enjoy books that bring about discussion and debate and go in fantastical directions so I'll be reading Steampunk.( The term “steampunk”  was used by author K W Jeter when writing to Locus magazine in 1987. It was a way he described Victorian fantasy novels by himself and other authors but Steampunk does not necessarily have to happen in the Victorian Era. )

When I am done with the Steampunk novel, I will begin one that is written by an author who is a frequent speaker on animal agriculture throughout North America.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you find new books to love!