Mr. Wiggle Boo and the Bookshop




"Where are you off to?", my husband questioned, as I put my hand on the doorknob. I turned, smiled, and stated, "I’m off to the bookshop. You can tag-a-long if you’d like”.




Now, I will admit that he was not surprised by my response. 


After all,  he was informed many years ago that he married a bookshop kind of girl.


It seems, that even if you are like me and receive a plethora of books to review, you do still find comfort in frequenting a bookshop, like this independent bookseller. 





What I like about independent booksellers are they tend to be beautifully warm and inviting and have what seems to be an endless supply of new and used books.



Beyond that, I appreciate speaking with a staff that is well educated on what the bookshop has to offer. And, it's an added bonus when they provided me with details on the latest book signings and/ or poetry recitals.




I also love it when bookshops offer a charming display of books with little extras like Porcelainantiques,  and repurposed and upcycled items for me to choose from.




It was in a setting such as this that I happened to see this wonderful wooden cat. As I sat here this morning, looking at him, I could scarcely imagine his original intended purpose. 

I kept thinking, "What I am going to do with you Mr. Wiggle Boo?"  I've aptly named him this because his tail is springy and it will soon be Halloween.


I’ve decided he will work well as my paperweight and letter holder.





In truth, it is the books that draw me into a bookshop and it’s the friendly ambiance and a Mr. Wiggle Boo, or two, that keeps me returning.


Cat Images and Reads and Reviews