Tiny Poems For Gentle Hearts, Isabel Scheck





  • Tiny Poems For Gentle Hearts
  • Isabel Scheck
  • Paperback: 162 pages
  • Publisher: Lulu.com (September 17, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9780244716981
  • ISBN-13: 978-0244716981
  • ASIN: 0244716986
  • Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.4 x 8.3 inches






My Review

When I was young poetry comprised a large percentage of my reading and it still does. 

When I read poetry I like to look at poetic partnerships such as content, form and structural patterns. But I also appreciate idiosyncrasies, lyrics that stumble, and words that pop out at me. 

Yes, I like themes that are about exploration, passion, love, the natural world, survival, and expressions of deep sorrow. But, I also like to examine phantom worlds, charming  magicalness,  
lighthearted, whimsical, energetic, cringe-worthy with an occasional snark thrown in somewhere.

In 1865, Emily Dickinson wrote 57 poems that were 4 lines or less.

Years later, American poet, Adelaide Crapsey created the form ‘Cinquain’ a five-line unrhymed form which she used in her most popular works. It's communicated that Japanese haiku and tanka were her inspiration. 

Short poems continue to remain popular today and this short poems collection is created with percentages making up the whole. 

The collection reminds me of youth. It’s about questioning if you belong, longing for, flirting with, and exploringIt’s also for those of us who like to giggle, and who still enjoy using our senses to focus on little details like, "Daisies or Roses?"


A copy of  'Tiny Poems For Gentle Hearts' was provided by the generosity of the author for an honest review.