The Bookmark bookstore


We recently stopped into The Bookmark bookstore where the sign reminds customers they have Books For All Ages. 





On this day, a front portion of the store was decorated for the holidays and adjacent to the table was a colorful collection of children’s picture books. 

This is a splendid place to start if you're searching for a special tale that reminds you of the magic of childhood. 

The owner of the store is Lanni Connelly and  I found that she and her staff were very welcoming and helpful! Store manager, William Richardson, kindly directed me to a collection of military reads and Lanni took time out of her busy day to speak with me about her enjoyment of books and passion for reading. In amongst this, I learned of their recent Christmas open house where authors Betty Stein and Blake Sebring were on hand to sign autographed copies. 



As I slowly meandered throughout the store, I noticed that every nook and cranny was piled high with books. 

I skimmed over a collection of gently used paperbacks and an attractive collection of classics, before setting myself in front of a bookcase full of hardback fiction titles that were on a  Christmas gift idea list I had in hand. 

Losing all track of the time, I searched through science fiction and fantasy before moving onto the mysteries and thrillers. Eventually, I made my way to the checkout register with gifts in hand.


The Bookmark has been open since 1993. The store carries over 10, 000 books and they also buy, sell and rent college textbooks and will special order too. For questions about their trade-in program stop in or give them a call.


The Bookmark
3420 N. Anthony Blvd.
Fort Wayne Indiana 46805