February 2019 Loft Reads




I love books. All genres. And, I'd hoped for long  February nights curled up in front of the fireplace reading but that rarely happened as I found myself busier this month than I expected. 





February has flown by.  N. Lombardi Jr. was in the author spotlight with his latest book Justice Gone.  


The Justice Gone book trailer is here

This book is well written. The dialogue is superb and I found myself emotionally charged - so much so - that I had to pause throughout to be able to continue. 

But honestly, I was interested in reading this book because of Lombardi's bio. I was intrigued by the fact that he's a groundwater geologist and drawn to the detailing on his site about 'The Plain of Jars'.



  


I also did something this month I seldom do. I participated in a virtual book blast for a memoir that was released by Ohio native, Glenn W. PowellSFC Powell retired with distinction from the Military in 2002. I will not be making a habit of book blasting as there are many excellent authors out there worth blasting about but I did this as this author just happened to grow up near my hometown.





As a break from a lot of overtime at work, my husband surprised me with a lovely trip to the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory. Here, we enjoyed their winter exhibit Hundred Acre Wood which was great as I love anything with Winnie-the-Pooh.


 


On Valentine's Day, when many people are receiving candy or flowers, I received a most precious gift, a dog, we named Lucky. 





A few minutes ago, I took a break from playing with him to look out the window and noticed some of our tulips are beginning to peek through the ground.  







I'll share with you that I'm looking forward to spring. I hope to paint the loft and refinish some of the bookcases. I also plan to make time to relax in our backyard with a book in hand.