May 2019 Loft Reads

























In May, we traveled to Library House Books & Art bookstore where I purchased more than a handful of books. 

In this charming store, the books are organized by category, and they had a good selection to choose from, as many of their books come from libraries reducing their collections. 





I am intrigued by military history and this month I received a copy in the mail of Hitler's Last Plot The 139 VIP Hostages Selected for Death in the Final Days of World War II.

This was, as I expected, a difficult read written brilliantly by Ian Sayer with Jeremy Dronfield. You can read more about it here.








In the loft, I looked through some of my collection and pulled out Junk Beautiful Outdoor Edition by Kimberly Melamed and Sue Whitney. 

We frequently go to garage sales in the spring and I like to repurpose items. You can read about Junk Beautiful here.












The Purple Pup by Karl Steam makes one think about genetically altered animals. 

In this case, we see them with different coat colors and heightened senses. You can learn more about it here.




A while back I interviewed Nicholas Lombardi Jr who wrote the book   Justice Gone. I was pleased to learn this month that it won the 13th Annual National Indie Excellence Awards for Best Legal Thriller.



I'm on a short vacation in June with plans to read and work on a few garden projects.


The Top 10 Audience in the month of May was from the United States, Germany, France, Ukraine, Indonesia, United Kingdom, Russia, Canada, Greece, and Ireland