Christmas Season Traditions

After asking many of you your Christmas traditions, I learned we all have special things we hold dear. 







We find joy in decorating the tree at home while listening to old Christmas music on the stereo, watching traditional Christmas shows on TV, baking cookies, collecting pine cones, shopping for Christmas gifts for family and friends, donating items to local charities and building snow families in the side yard.






For us, some of the joy of the Christmas season is also driving around and looking at Christmas Lights. And while the only light we have outside our home is on our porch, we do like to view a variety of lighting schemes. 





Around our neck of the woods, we find many locations with cutouts, inflatables, and lit wire works on display.






 A few years back we spotted this adorable Merry Christmas sign.





While my favorite Christmas decor is lanterns and tasteful wreaths, I also rather like seeing a single, flickering candle in each window. Dating back to colonial times, a candle in the window was a sign to welcome visitors.





From some of you, I received Christmas cards. 
Thank you for them! They are on display in my home. 









My Grandmother did more than just keep cards on display. She always took her favorite Chrismas card scenes and wove a basket together out of them. She used a blanket stitch around the edge with yarn or embroidery floss and stitched the wall pieces and bottom together. That basket then held more Christmas cards. 





Looking inside I love to see wrapped books beneath a tree. Some of my favorites are pines with books wrapped in brown paper.  

This year I even wrapped our dog, Monroe. I expect he's hoping this doesn't become a tradition.