January 2020 Loft Reads Wrap Up








Our dog Buddy (Boo) celebrated his 10th birthday this month so he is my January pic. To the right is a pic when he was a pup.





January Reads



I started off January with an ARC I received from John Schroeter titled After Shock: The World’s Foremost Futurists Reflect on 50 Years of Future Shock―and Look Ahead to the Next 50, John August Media, LLC. I thoroughly enjoyed this collection of essays.




In the mail, I received an amazing biography titled Bombshell by Ludwig Leidig. Bombshell is an unknown true story unearthed from World War II documents. It's a historical biography and covers the Third Reich in Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945.






Losing Normal by Francis Moss is a Winner of the 2019 Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators SPARK award  and the Readers' Favorite Silver medal winner. If you're not familiar with the author,  Moss has written and story-edited hundreds of hours of scripts on many of the top animated shows of the 90s and 00s.




I read The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan  by Dayle King Searle. A romance story is a switch for me, but I found this to be an engaging and somewhat humorous read which drew me in on the first page. While the story touches on the sad fact that Jack's a widower, it steers in the direction of a brighter future and the lifestyle of the small farming community I found fascinating. The events that occurred were amusing and the characters well described. Each was memorable and seemed authentic.


What's Ahead 
I received a book from Jane Wesman Public Relations, Inc. titled WOLF and plan to start it soon. It's written by Herbert J. Stern and Alan  A. Winter.




Top 10 Blog Audience for the Month
The United States, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, Germany, France, Singapore, Russia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam