Literary Neuroscience




I recently received notice that Lori's Book Loft made the Top 110 Book Review Blogs of 2020 on Ranked Blogs which ranks the top book review blogs based on the votes by the community and website metrics.

If you are new to this blog and wondering where my devotion to books came from I believe it goes back to childhood. Mom and I would stand in line at the public library waiting for the door to open.
I always joined the Summer Reading Program and was encouraged to read more than 30 titles and record them on my sheet. I usually topped this amount and there were drawings, prizes, and awards that were offered.

Occasionally, people will email me and tell me they were in similar programs and when they reached adulthood they stopped reading or rarely read at all. I believe this happens when you are not challenged. So, challenge yourself and find a location where you love to READ!

So why read? Books help us focus, they improve our imagination and can reduce stress.

 If you're searching for details on this you may wish to check out this video on Literary Cognition and Neuroscience tools.





There are book quizzes and many word puzzles available online. Beyond challenges,  local libraries and book clubs are an excellent way to forge the love for reading. Another way to get excited about reading is by attending book presentations, listening to podcasts, and poetry recitals.