Garden Renovation and Reviews





























In Bobbe Schwartz's book Garden Renovation she covers six important topics, " Choosing Change, Understanding Landscape Essentials, Working with Hardscape Elements, Assessing and Choosing New Plants, How to Put Your Plans into Action, and Success Stories. 




Last year, we had what I would call a success story. We took a spot of land and relocated our raised beds there. 





















We then tilled a rectangular section out front which we enclosed with wire fencing to keep out the rabbits. 

























I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it here before but I live in the 'Amish Heartland' and have been purchasing our plants and seeds from a Swiss Amish community. Once planted, we use organic poultry manure as fertilizer and water and weed and soon we are picking daily. 






We have a very plain garden but I love that it provides us with fresh fruit and vegetables which makes for good canning and freezing and we share what's left with the neighbors and family that live nearby.



Publishers often ask what I enjoy reading.  Well, I read most anything, and do review garden books.  What I'm currently looking to read are books that provide good tips on compost, pest control, and weeds, as well as canning and freezing.