The Complete Kitchen Garden: The Art of Designing and Planting an Edible Garden by Patrick Bowe





At Library House Books and Art I always find something to purchase and this day it was a hardbound copy of Patrick Bowe's book, The Complete Kitchen Garden. You will find my review below.







The Complete Kitchen Garden: The Art of Designing and Planting an Edible Garden Hardcover – October 1, 1996
Patrick Bowe (Author)
Cynthia Woodyard (Photographer)
Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Macmillan General Reference; First Edition edition (October 1, 1996)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0028613090
ISBN-13: 978-0028613093
Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.8 x 11.2 inches


Focusing primarily on the aesthetics of this new garden form, The Complete Kitchen Garden is a study in design for the home gardener. Garden site and size considerations are followed by recommendations for constructing paths, edges, beds, walls, fences, and other architectural elements. Lists of appropriate plants provide a melange of color, form, and texture choices to help ensure a successful kitchen garden. There are even resources for seed suppliers and public kitchen gardens around the world.
Throughout the book are examples of noteworthy kitchen gardens in the U.S., Europe, and Canada, both modest and grand, for inspiration. A wealth of beautiful photography by Cynthia Woodyard helps make The Complete Kitchen Garden a comprehensive tool for beginning kitchen gardeners everywhere.


My Review
I stopped in at one of my favorite used book stores and while browsing the shelves found a hardbound copy of the book The Complete Kitchen Garden: The Art of Designing and Planting an Edible Garden.
Out of many thousands of books, at a glance, I chose to purchase it. 
First off, I do appreciate the cover image. It is fun to watch cabbage develop and I've always grown cabbage in my kitchen garden. 
The forward by Rosemary Verey points out how this book is different from many.
The book provides interesting information on things that interest me such as bed orientation, Intercropping, and Close-Planting. I liked the fact that the book references practical elements such as the bean tunnels of the famous picture book illustrator and author Tasha Tudor. I also enjoyed learning more about the history of forcing jars as well as Antique Gardening Tools and Equipment.

If you are reading my blog this week the Top 10 audience is from United Arab Emirates, United States, Portugal, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Canada, Ukraine, Ghana and Russia