The Eagle

 


Thursday, the husband and I spent the day at the lake watching the American Bald Eagle soar between the trees. 

Bald Eagles, when immature, are brown with white splotches. They grow into beautiful, powerful, and enormous raptors with a white head and tail like the one above which we photographed, from a great distance. 

As I spent time at the lake taking in the biota of the region, I thought it would appropriate to upload my review of Mistakes By the Lake by Brian Petkash



This book has much to do with Cleveland, Ohio which rests on the southern shore of Lake Erie and is only a short distance from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.



A few years back, I spent time in the Cuyahoga region, hiking the trails there. The Brandywine falls are a favorite stop and the falls can easily be seen from several different levels. A boardwalk and steps rest along the waterfall's gorge and it was there I photographed the water roaring as it rushed down the moss-covered blocks of Berea Sandstone. As I paused to wipe off my lens, the cool mist struck my face, and I thought about all the people who'd witnessed the same sight before me. 

Petkash's writing is much like a waterfall, at times you recognize a gentle stirring, and other times it roars. Overall, I found his book intriguing. Many of the stories had to do with life experiences and lead me to seek out more information. I learned a great many things I didn't know, including details of the Ashtabula horror which lead to formal investigations of fatal railroad accidents. 

I'm often drawn back in time, thinking, what would I see, smell, hear, taste, and touch, then?"

Currently, I  am reading a book of historical fiction that takes place in the16th Century. It's a complex narrative and a Grand Prize Winner of a Chaucer Book Award and Eagle is in the title. 

The Top 5 Audience is from the United States, Germany,  France, Australia, and Canada.