August 2020 Loft Reads and The Summit Series



August was a decent month for reading and it was super hot. To cool off, I sat inside in the air conditioning and watched the 72 Summit Series on youtube. 

I don't talk about it much on my book blog but ice hockey is among my favorite sports to watch. 

It's been a long time since I've been to the Hockey Hall of Fame. The last time there, I was introduced to Gump Worsley and Johnny Bucyk. If I were to go to HHOF today, I would definitely check out the exhibit of 90 Masks. Considering how much it hurts to get hit by the vulcanized rubber puck, it's incredible that goalies, like Gumper, played without a mask.

If you're not familiar with The Summit Series, it was an 8 game series, played in September, during the Cold War between the Soviet Union and Canada with the first four games of the series being held in Canada and the final four in Moscow. I was young when it was played but believe it to be some of the best hockey of that era. Outside of the games, I viewed on youtube, I found the roster changes and walkouts interesting.

My August reads were





Finding Comfort During Hard Times

How to Make Curry Goat

Everyone Dies Famous

Parabellum

The Best That Can Happen

Incandescent Visions

Fierce Girls

Mistakes By The  Lake

Anne Frank

The Serpent and the Eagle


The Top 10 Audience this month is from the United States, United Arab Emirates, Germany, Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Malaysia, Argentina, and Ghana