Clint Perry and The Boo Hoo Crew


I've been blogging a bit about moms and now it's time I play fair and blog a bit about dads. 

Back in 2020, I received communication from Clint Perry. Perry is a Parents' Choice award winner and bestselling lead singer and songwriter of the kindie rock band, The Boo Hoo Crew. He is also the author of four books for preschool and middle-grade readers including the "School for Swabbies" series.

If you've not heard of Perry before, I feel his story is rather interesting. He was a stay-at-home dad and created a fictional character Pack Rat Pat to help his boys learn their responsibilities. His vision led to him creating a book about the character and that parlayed into a variety of children's books.

The books are whimsically inventive and blog readers know I'm a genuine Peter Pan fan. I like most anything to do with pirates and have played Go Swashbuckle over and over. In checking out Perry's work, I was also impressed that he plays Bass, Keys, Drum, and Guitars and well as handling the lead vocal. You can learn more about his work here.