February 2021 Loft Reads



In the month of February 2021, I received this lovely bouquet of flowers from a neighbor.  I read Cheat Sheets for Life and Don't Shoot Your Future Self and also posted an interview with Ralph Webster on his new book The Other Mrs. Samson

I received countless books to add to my TBR list. Gardening Basics published in 1999 was a gift from my husband as he knows I enjoy reading about gardening with vegetables, fruits, and herbs. I also purchased Southern Livings 2002 Garden Annual because the image of the homegrown garden of greens caught my eye as my garden is always filled with a variety of greens.

As this pandemic continues into another year, I've recognized how the freedom and ability to go where I want has been something, I'd taken for granted, and losing many of my close human connections is difficult. These changes have given me time for reflection and I've taken on more letter writing and hobbies like watching Homestead videos as I find them to be educational. 

Nowadays,  I journal about my day asking and answering simple questions "What am I doing to be happy?” “What am I grateful for? and “What do the people and animals I love need?" 

I would encourage everyone one of you to continue to concentrate on positive things as we go through this unusual time and call or text someone to share with them and see how they are doing. 

A friend's laughter, a child's smile, a co-worker's post, a dog's nudge to take a walk, a parent's advice or a partner's expression of love are just a few things that can lift one up. None of our time is certain but one thing I'm sure of is that life is more bearable when we have an optimistic state of mind with an anticipation of a brighter future.


The top 10 visitors to this blog this past week have been from The United States, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Indonesia, Canada, Ireland, Turkey, and Vietnam.