April 2021 Loft Reads


 

I received a lovely gift of tulips and hyacinths from my husband, in April. Also during the month, I returned home to find a tomato plant on the porch, this was followed another day by a handful of dog treats.

As you can tell, I'm surrounded by the kindness of others! I am very grateful for this.

We had a record-setting snowfall, occur in April.  Sadly, the weight of the snow brought down a portion of our lilac and magnolia which had already blossomed. Thankfully, I was informed the snow was coming so I'd covered our strawberry plants which wintered over in one of the raised beds.

The month of April seemed to fly by. I finished Barry Shore's book  The Joy of Living How to Slay Stress and Be Happy. In addition to the treasured autographed book, I received a collection of cards and have been handing these out to people. 

This month, I also read The Girl In Red Boots by Judith Ruskay Rabinor, Phd. I really like how the author drew the title from her life. And through the story, we see how being reckless and not thinking of the future can affect us and those around us. 

I'm a fan of mysteries and read Act of Negligence a Doc Brady Mystery by John Bishop MD. The story's premise is quite frightening. Apart from that, I can relate to many things including listening to music and watching the movies mentioned in it. Indeed, this is my favorite book of the series. 

I rounded out the month by posting an excerpt from Living Your Best Life: How to Think, Eat, and Connect Your Way to a Better Flow” by Dr. Robert Kiltz, MD. I don't know about you, but when I was younger we always sat down as a family and spent time enjoying one another's company while eating at the table. Nowadays, it seems I rush through many of my meals. Mindfulness to Mealtime is definitely a reminder of things I need to improve upon.