Public Places to Read

 

Do you have a favorite public place to read?

There are many public places where I go an read books. I have been known to read at libraries, museums, and cafes' but often prefer to be surrounded by greenery, water and the sounds of nature when I read. So, my books travel with me to botanical gardens, parks and beaches like the one shown above which has special significance. 

In the fall, I often spend time hiking in the woods and  picked up Charlie Laidlaws book, Everyday Magic that speaks of a magic clearing in the woods. 

Many of you know I enjoy history and military reads and will soon be working my way through Herbert J. Stern and Alan A. Winter's Sins of the Fathers which is a thoroughly researched historical sequel to Wolf.

I enjoy reading interior design books and will soon finish one that helps us build an environment for wellbeing. Mentioning wellbeing reminds me that my life is much happier with dogs. There is not a time I come home that they are not at the door to greet me and there is just something about petting a dog that immediately calms me. I have also had the opportunity to spend time with some pretty amazing service dogs. Therefore, I've agreed to read an anthology which supports Hero Dogs, a charity that pairs trained service dogs with disabled veterans and first-responders.

In the can for Septembers author spotlight selection is an interview I recently completed with an author who is also a filmmaker. He provides great details on the transition from novel to screen.

Thank you to all who have sent me ACR's and manuscripts! I'm continuing to work my way through them.