My Quest for a Silver Lining Adeline Wiener



My Quest for a Silver Lining

Adeline Wiener

Publisher ‏ : ‎ TriMark Press 

Language ‏ : ‎ English

Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 76 pages

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1943401837

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1943401833

My Quest for a Silver Lining represents an artist’s journey through breast cancer and a difficult year with the COVID-19 pandemic. Adeline Wiener begins her remarkable journey through a year of creating art amidst a raging pandemic with the words: “I wonder whether this is true for everyone: Most things in life just happen by fluke, not by careful planning, but by a chance opportunity which presents itself. And then one has the choice: "Do I go for it, or not?”



 Review: My Quest for a Silver Lining  Adeline Wiener


Mixed medium always draws my attention and I love how Wiener combines the elements of art to communicate emotion in her book My Quest for a Silver Lining.

Her Chanuka candles are encouraging.

 As of late, my eye is drawn to alcohol ink and it appears energy and tranquility guided her to create Morning Glory with a quote from The Talmud and Elul, the twelfth and final month in the Jewish calendar.

Wiener explores the challenges and opportunities along her journey. And, her work conjures up multiple emotions and inspires my imagination. 


I received a copy of this book from Allyson Pinnock  Marketing Coordinator  TriMark Press, Inc.


Adeline Wiener was born in 1946 in Lucerne, Switzerland. Art was not part of her reality when growing up. She trained as a multilingual secretary, married, and moved to London, where she raised her two sons. Her husband’s work took her to Haifa, Israel. There she discovered a new and unexpected aspect of life: the joy of playing around with colorful wools and creating three-dimensional woven wall hangings. She exhibited in Israel and Switzerland and in no time most of her creations were sold. She was both surprised and gratified to meet with such a positive response. Fast forward: Life took her to Florida, where she branched out working in mixed media and she recently discovered a new passion… alcohol ink. The intensity of colors reminded her of Marc Chagall’s art which she strongly related to. Her work can be seen on her website: adeline9.com