Where do you like to read?

After failing to complete my reading goals last year, I decided not to set goals this year. I still am taking on new reads and making a dent in my TBR pile, but I'm also being realistic in knowing what is feasible with my current work schedule.

Classics continue to lure me so I have added this copy of The Battle of Life A Love Story which is an 1846 novel by Charles Dickens. 


I've also been reading a collection of his quotes such as this one from David Copperfield. 

I found Uriah reading a great fat book, with such demonstrative attention, that his lank forefinger followed up every line as he read, and made clammy tracks along the page (or so I fully believed) like a snail.

He mentions finding Uriah reading a great fat book and that made me curious.


Where do you like to read?

I am fortunate in that reading at home is pretty much distraction-free with the exception of the occasional nudge or lick from one of our dogs. Monroe is a friendly dog and likes to sit with me when I'm reading. 




At home, I read on the sofa or in a chair on our open front porch. 




I am aware that reading a book before bed is a known stress reducer, and it's said it can help you fall asleep faster. However, when I read in bed this does not occur because at home I generally read cover to cover pausing only for a restroom break and tea or coffee.


A site with historical significance such as Gene Stratton-Porters Cabin is a place where I can sit on a bench and read and am comfortable with pausing to watch the butterflies.



If I'm off to the river, lake, or hiking in some preserve, I have books packed and I welcome distractions. 





Locations, where I have the possibility of seeing Eagles, Pelicans, or some waterfowl, appeal to me as do locations that have Lighthouses or boats docking.



It is easy, when not working, to devote time to reading. I find this table is an enjoyable place to read a few chapters. 




And whenever I'm about to finish a book, I've got another one set aside to read. 



As soon as I am done reading Heart Medicine: How to Stop Painful Patterns and Find Peace and Freedom-- at Last, the books Aspire Higher and Breach are next.
 






The top 5 blogger viewers this week are from the United States, Germany, Canada, Bulgaria, and the United Kingdom.