Jane Austen the Collectible Editions Series

It's reported that discussions of books on social media platforms have led to the amelioration of in-person book sales at independent and at larger chain bookstores. 

It was a gift certificate I had received from co-workers that took me to the Barnes & Noble bookstore chain which has the largest number of retail outlets in the United States. In browsing the store, my eye was immediately drawn to a table that was filled with the Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions Series. 

I searched throughout the authors and titles listed and I selected Jane Austen Seven Novels. Austen is one of the most celebrated authors of all time. Her work continues to be revived with film adaptations and retellings as she is known for her domestic tales. 

As many of you know I have shared that I have quite a few copies of her books but this is the first one that I own that offers seven novels in one volume.

Lady Susan is a  short epistolary novel  written in 1793 and not published until 1871

Sense and Sensibility (1811)

Pride and Prejudice (1813)

Mansfield Park (1814)

Emma (1815)

Northanger Abbey (published together with Persuasion  ( 1818).