Rounding out the Year 2022










In 2022, Typing.com conducted a study to find the U.S. states that love reading the most. To determine this, it was noted that researchers calculated each state’s “Reading Interest Score.” This score came from a variable of factors, including the number of libraries and library visits per capita, the number of bookstores, and the number of Google searches for Kindles.

Results were analyzed and Vermont was found to love reading the most. 

Sadly my state did not even make the top 20 states but that had not deterred my interest in reading and I did exceed my reading goal for 2022.

 Book Club

I am a member of the book club  Bound Together. Some of the topics we discuss are 5-star books, debut books, off-the-shelf books, the best book of 2022, what books we like and those we don't, and Funny  Funny !! 

One fun thing the book club has been doing is individual members are building their own stories using book titles they have read within their story.


Library Thing

I have mentioned I am a member of LibraryThing. Library Thing allows me to create different collections and provides detailed cataloging data, Dewey, different media types, LCCN, LOC Subjects, physical dimensions of books, etc. Also, libraries use LibraryThing or their associated site TinyCat to catalog and manage their collections.

I'm active in their groups. Name that Book, Playing Games, and Solving Puzzles. I also like to check out their groups Military History, Mystery and Suspense, and Tattered But Still Lovely. 

Library Things has book challenges that I get involved in. One that I am working on is the Fifty States Fiction (or Nonfiction) Challenge where I read either a novel set in each state or a work of nonfiction about each state. Recently, I received the Fiver badge for members who've been on the site for five years or more.

Goodreads

Goodreads launched in January 2007 and is a social cataloging website that allows individuals to search its database of books, annotations, quotes, and reviews. I post most of my reviews there and participate in the yearly reading challenge.


This year was another opportunity to interview many intriguing authors and it was a delightful year of words. I want to thank all who provided me with free manuscripts for my review.


This blog's Top 10 viewership for the year 2022 is from the United States, India, Germany, Indonesia, Belgium, France, Sweden, Russia, Canada, and the United Kingdom