April 2023 Reads



Happy Sunday, everyone! 

Well, April has been full with Easter and a blast of birthday parties to attend. I'm looking forward to some quiet time at the lake soon.

On our trips to the lake, we often stop at bookstores and thrift shops. I sift through stacks of books looking for slightly worn book covers, some filled with beautiful illustrations, inviting me to add them to my collection. Many times my selections included books that encourage me to explore the world. Recently, I  purchased the book Beside the Beautiful Lake which is filled with lovely black and white photographs.


I read a study that mentioned that people who experience many different bird species in their daily life, or who live near-natural surroundings that are home to many species, are happier. 



I'm not sure if that is the case with me but I do enjoy listening to the songbirds in the early morning hours and while some people love to sit back and relax at the lake or take a swim, we are often off bird watching.

 Did you know there are more than 10,000 species of birds in the world? 



I find that bird watching is such a great way to connect with nature and with people. But if you're not up for a hike, there are many places adjacent to a road where you can stop and enjoy the scenic beauty while bird watching.





didn’t get through many books this month but the ones I did were inspiring 


April Reads


Beside Lake Beautiful by William A. Quayle


Blood and Silver Vali Benson


The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol by Jeremy Sherr


Railroad to the Moon by Ron Garan


A Different Frame of Mind:  Living a Full Life with Traumatic Brain Injury  Lois Jean Thomas



The top 10 blog viewerships this month is from the United States, Belgium, Germany, Canada, France, Russia, United Kingdom, Japan, Philippines, and Hong Kong