Library Book Sales



Most libraries around here serve the community and have branches that are more convenient for the users that live out in the country.

I love going to the local library. In addition to shelves and stacks of books waiting to be checked out, there are book clubs, classes, craft hours, special programs, storytimes, and book sales held at the library.

Are you looking for a good buy and a great way to help out the library? Well, then you might check out a  Library Book Sale.

During the annual sale, they have books, magazines, videos, computers, monitors, and a wide array of other materials available for purchase.

The proceeds from a library book sale normally go towards supplementing a wide range of activities, this can include, Library materials and summer reading programs, charitable causes such as adult literacy programs, or purchases such as new furniture or computer equipment.

The library book sales I attend typically have tables of books stacked so the spine is readable and occasionally there will be magazines, CDs, DVDs, and albums available too.

I usually check out their annual sales and also pop in to look and see if they have any discarded books sitting on the cart labeled  FOR SALE

These sales give me the opportunity to browse a selection of gently used interesting-looking books by writers that I may have not heard of before and sometimes I find a book I've been searching for - for a while.

Most of my trips have offed paperbacks at only 50¢ and hardcovers for $1 but this spring I was able to purchase the selection above with a freewill donation. 
And a few years back, I bought the bag of books below, at a library sale, for $3.00.