August 2023 Reads and Reflections




August brought about many changes in our lives and I often pause to reflect on the many good things that occur every day that make me smile. 


In early August, my husband and I were able to travel along a  small portion of the World's Largest Yard Sale. If you are not familiar with the 127-yard sale - it happens the first Thursday through Sunday in August and spans 6 states stretching from Alabama to Michigan - making for a 690-mile-long trek.


We added to our collection of books and decor as well as picked up a new vacuum canister we use every day for coffee. I enjoy grinding beans in our French press, pouring myself a cup of coffee, and sitting down to study the words in a French translation I'm currently reading.


Paul Rudd, Meryl Streep, and Jesse Williams joined the cast of Only Murders in the Building when season 3 premiered on August 8th. We have now watched 5 episodes from season 3. 


August is the month of my hometown's county fair and the fair holds much nostalgia. The clouds above remind me of the pink cotton candy my friends often enjoyed. While I do not care for the taste of the sticky treat, I must admit I like the smell of it. 


I happily recall a neighbor preparing a vehicle for the fair's demolition derby and have fond memories of my dad winning us kids a gigantic blue bear in a washer toss game. The bear was a part of our family for many years but was eventually retired with less than a quarter of its stuffing. 



I read  the children's picture book 
My Dentist is a Superhero

This is a fun-filled read and my favorite character was Professor Plaque who I thought resembled Albert Einstein





The top 10 blog viewership for August is from the United States, Singapore, Netherlands, Philippines, India, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, France and Vietnam.